Addicted to novelty since 2001

What Do You Call These Things?

Earlier today, we were talking about these badboys. We always wore them in school, to divide our gym classes into teams. In my school, we called them (and this sounds a bit gay) ‘pinnies.’ Julie’s school (and this sounds way gayer) called them ‘dickies’. What do you call them?

15 Responses to “What Do You Call These Things?”

  1. Rob

    I think my school called them pinnies. Oh wait… we went to the same school.


  2. Chan

    Definitely pinnies! Ooooh, Imo I think you’re right, how the heck did you know that?

  3. David

    In the UK, we tend to call them bibs. Not quite so gay, just infantile.

  4. John

    In Ireland they’re ‘bibs’ or ‘skins’. Skins came from when we didn’t have bibs and one team would play without tops on.

  5. d. pfister

    Jerseys, despite possible confusion between actual jerseys and these crude imitations.

  6. bree

    We also called them bibs … forgot until David & John mentioned it. Bad gym class memories … must’ve blocked ’em out …

  7. Bart Hanson

    They’re called bibs, here in New Zealand. Must be our British heritage :-)

    Is it Barefoot as Surname or because this generation got no sole?

  8. Darren

    Zing. That’s pretty good, actually. Of all the barefoot jokes I’ve heard in my life, that’s one of the better ones. DB.

  9. Jennifer

    Yeah, we called them pinnies. Julie is confused, though. Dickies are kind of like fake turtleneck sweaters that you wear under a jacket. It just makes you look like you have on a real turtleneck, only there is just a little square of fabric front and back underneath your jacket.

  10. michael

    when i went to school; we called them target vests. they were used instead of skins and shirts.

Comments are closed.