I was recently told the tale of a New Year’s Eve fondue party that went horribly wrong. Apparently some fuel spillage caused the table cloth to ignite, which in turn set the wall on fire. Somehow, the family dog’s butt went up in flames as well. The dog–clearly the smartest mammal present–bolted straight out the door and dove in the neighbour’s swimming pool.
It surprised me that a dog recognized that fire can be extinguished by water. I mean, it’s not like he’s built a lot of campfires or anything. Mind you, he probably did appreciate that water cools hot things, and seeing as his rear was very hot, the pool might help. Regardless, 10 points to the puppy for using what evolution gave him.