I’m in a list kind of mood today. My MP3-playing app du jour, iTunes, encourages you to rank your songs. You assign one to five stars to each track (I do this about 40% of the time, as I’m listening to each song). This enables you to generate optimized playlist of, say, your favourite jazz songs.
It also enables you to generate lists of the crappiest songs you own. I’ve got about 3500 songs, so there are likely to be some duds. Here’s a little sampling of my least-favourite songs:
- Angels We Have Heard On High – Amy Grant
- America is Waiting (with Brian Eno) – David Byrne
- I Can’t Make You Love Me – George Michael
- Praying For Time – George Michael
- Scream If Ya Wanna Go Faster – Geri Halliwell
- Pieces of You – Jewel
- Angel Standing By – Jewel
- Amen – Jewel
- Satellite of Love – Milla Jovovich
- I Love You (BT Mix) – Sarah Maclachlan
- Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground – The White Stripes
- Not Such An Innocent Girl – Victoria Beckham
Should I feel shame for not deleting these? I suppose, but you never know when you’re going to need a couple of tracks by ex-Spice Girls.