Today, links about movies, videos and other moving images:
- Movie studios get sued for inventing critics to provide glowing quotes for crappy movies (thanks, Movie Marketing Blog).
- The future of movie watching? This short video blew me away (thanks, Coudal Partners).
- From Becky, we learn that two Judy Blume novels are going to be made into movies. Despite my straightness, I read all of her books growing up. My favourite was Then Again, Maybe I Won’t (Polish the Bishop).
- A deeply insightful list of television tropes, idioms, and devices. After a quick look, my favourites are the Hard Work Montage, Ho Yay and Applied Phlebotinum.
- What if they made a porn movie without the sex? What if the plumber showed up, fixed the sink and then, when the fresh-out-of-the-shower young housewife couldn’t pay, he put this one ‘on the house’ and left? Not really safe for work, because your coworkers will think you’re watching the non-genital-bumping section of a dirty movie.