Unlike Becky, I don’t have a good reason to be awake at this hour. I just have a tawdry love affair with late nights.
Since this is my first post, I’ll do a brief intro. My name’s Colene (spelling counts!) and I’m a recent graduate of SFU (Communications major/Publishing minor) looking for work that doesn’t require buying a squeege and skulking around Main and Terminal. I like cultural studies, air hockey, earl grey tea and using parentheses. I loathe low-rise jeans, orange juice pulp and the squeaky sound of styrofoam. Now that we’ve been properly introduced, on with the show!
I’ve found a collection of unusual art-related links for your perusal:
- Selling art from retired cigarette vending machines. Sadly, there are none in Canada (yet!).
- Imagine showing three years worth of snooze-button snapshots. That’s alot of unflattering crusty eyes.
- Talking and snapping pictures? America’s first phonecam art show.
- Matchbook art. What else can I say about this?
- Creativity on demand: get the story elements, write, shoot and edit a film in 24 hours. The last 24 Hr Film Contest was held last month (I was part of one!) and the films will be shown in the gallery shortly. Also see past winners and entries.