All of these items entertained me in some small way:
is an 8-minute Flash-based short story about the prescient powers of Scrabble.
Though the voice-over work could be stronger, the visuals are strangely beautiful.
- Florida has deservedly suffered
- Yet another new application for PowerPoint (thanks, Tom). UPDATE: Wow, that link has been goatse’d. Is that a verb? Regardless, I removed it.
- A deeply-obsessive examination of the differences in the various editions
of the three Star Wars movies: Star
- Man makes enormous
sandwich and uses spreadsheet to calculate calories. Contains the disturbing
British product ‘brown sauce’. Hey, soccer fans, what team does
- Photos of eight
of those damn whale sculptures around the city, including the
Elvis whale and my favourite, the
Book whale. Actually, my favourite is this cool tiled whale in Victoria,
but I don’t have any photos, so I’m going with the library’s for now.
- A new landmark in gaming is reached: In Sims 2, you can have your
Sims 1 (thanks, BoingBoing).
- A chubby naked guy painted with head-to-toe (and all the bits in-between)
Spiderman. Technically unsafe for work, but practically inoffensive.
- The serendipity of the
Google image search.
- A really cool online clock
and time zone thingy. Unfortunately, if you compare it with this
popular site, it appears to be wrong. It’s reporting that there’s currently
only seven hours difference between Vancouver and London.
- From James C. Liu, the Geekification
of the Wife: "She’s only beginning to grock all this and optimize
the use of my interfaces."
- Why, it’s a
You can find previous link roundups here.