More photos from the Blog Business Summit.
Steve Broback offered a thorough if familiar analysis of Google AdWords and how to use them to evaluate potential revenue.
Glenn Fleishman talks about starting entrepeneurial blogs.
- Identify spaces you’re obsessed with, and create blogs there.
- Exhaust that space–report long and hard, so to speak.
- Be omnipresent.
- Cultivate cross-links. Link to everybody–the competition, the naysayers, etc.
- Cultivate an authoritative, exhaustive voice.
- Reportage, not links, beget eyeballs. Links don’t bring bucks. Analysis does. You need to include your authentic experience.
- We need revenue data. How much can bloggers expect to earn? How much should we expect to pay them?
- Is it worth expanding the number of blogs that you run within a specific space? We’re not sure. Glenn needs to divide his content because he’s got too much.
- Many voices (with more blogs) is a good thing.
- Wow, he just used the term “epi-phenomenon”. Nice.
- For an entrepeneurial blog, he’s got a nice balance of ad space and editorial content, and a nice slide to demonsrate it–“the cushions and the couch”. His slides are here. Nice charts.
- Affiliate revenue sounds like a lot of work.