From the Blog Business Summit:
- Does content really matter? It’s no good if you have great content but no traffic.
- The obvious: definte your goals. Make money? Promote products? Write a statement of one or two statements.
- Brand your site thoroughly–don’t rely on templated designs.
- Holy trinity of blog tools: comment systems, trackpack/pingback and aggregation technologies (RSS/ATOM).
- The accidental blogger syndrome–when you earn significant Google juice for a search term well outside the normal parameters of your site. For me, check out michelle branch ass”. A handy or accidental way to increase traffic. I may turn off CloseComments to see how that works, and how much comment spam gets through.
- Bah. I suppose I have to turn on trackbacks again. Here cometh the spam.
- Additionally, I ought to make my URLs friendly.