Joi Ito Keynote at Les Blogs
I’m here at the French Senate in Paris at Les Blogs (voici le tag: lesblogs). Here are my notes from Joi Ito’s keynote:
- Blogs are about open standards and democracy.
- From the bottom-up.
- Origins of the web–connecting computers, connecting the network, connecting content, connecting people.
- Bloggers are the Creative Class–anti-establishment, critical thinking and autonomous action. Self-fulfillment, self-expression and creation.
- The Creative Class crosses borders.
- Don’t forget the next Creative Class–today’s children. See nifty Pepsi/Apple commercial.
- Covers the Long Tail.
- Delivery vs. discovery — the question becomes not ‘how do I get the music?’ but ‘how do I choose the music I want to listen to?’
- Kryptonite lost 10 million dollars in ten days.
- Dan Rather – victim of bloggers
- Gave the usual Creative Commons/IP spiel
- Blogging is an amateur revolution.
- The idea that professional is better than amateur is a dangerous one. See also sex.