- Simplehuman – Garbage cans with lids that close like a Lexus.
- I like my pyramid diagram better than Steve’s three-bubble model.
- The secret sauce of success in business is candor.
- Talks about the spin that they’ve put on WeatherBug to improve its image.
- It’s 12 minutes into the presentation, and Chris Sloop is talking about weather data and new product features? This doesn’t have anything to do with tomorrow’s PR. What I see is Steve Rubel’s client getting to talk to some influencers about his product. That’s great, but so much for a session on tomorrow’s PR, and it does nothing to improve the perception of PR professionals. I pointed this out, and got some applause and a guy shook my hand.
In short, I was deeply underwhelmed by this presentation.
UPDATE: I had want to find Steve after the talk and discuss my criticism further, but had to run. I should point out that I think Steve is a stand-up guy and dig his blog. I just think he and his client definitely made the wrong decision in this session.