In one long moment In August 31st, bloggers from all over the world will post a recommendation of 5 new Blogs, Preferably, Blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.
It’s like Up With People, but with blogs.
If I may, I’d like to switch things up a little. Instead of my hunting down five random blogs, I’d like to hear from you, my dear readers. Please post about a blog that deserves more readers, and maybe a few words about why you dig it. I’ve promote all the links up from the comments into this message. Feel free to choose your own. Ideally, they’d be blogs that I haven’t mentioned or don’t currently link to, but I’m not going to be super picky. That said, I don’t want to hear about Boing Boing and Fark.
Some blogs have been suggested:
- Jim recommended his own great-looking Daddy blog.
- Hilary suggested Rockslinga.
- Ine linked to this entry, to list five favourite blogs of her own. Interestingly, her main site has a .NU domain extension, which I rarely see. Apparently the 2100 residents of Nieu sold their soul to the Internet.
- Matt recommends Albino Neutrino. You’ve got to love a blog entry whose tags read ‘noah elephant speedboat’.
- Hannah plugged my blog, so I figured I’d plug hers. She is, of all things, a trainer of doulas. I’m trying to think of a pun, but none are coming.
- Via Intelligent Interfacing, I discovered the nifty OhGizmo!
- My brother recommends HobbyPrincess, which branches into the daunting realm of knitting blogs. He also suggests a blog quoting Henry David Thoreau, to which I’m now subscribed.