I’ve often wondered what the most common use case was among users of mobile MP3 players. So, I figured I’d ask:
In case there’s any confusion, here are some examples:
- Option #1: you create playlists on your desktop (presumably), transfer them to your iPod, and then play them. These playlists aren’t album-specific (so, if you most often listen to “my 23 favourite Beatles songs”, choose this option).
- Option #2: You most often set your iPod player to play the songs on Revolver.
- Option #3: You most often set your player to only play songs by The Beatles.
- Option #4: You most often set your player to only play Pop-Rock songs.
- Option #5: You randomly play songs from the entire collection of music on your iPod.
Huh. In retrospect, that may just add to the confusion. Hopefully it’s kind of clear. Personally, I’m all over the map, but I most commonly sort by a specific artist (option #3, for those playing along at home).