In the comments of another entry, Neal pointed me toward the website and the incredibly hokey trailer for a movie starring Jon Voight called The Legend of Simon Conjurer. He observed that ‘the trailer and the website seem kind of odd, like it might all be a hoax or a spoof’. I tend to agree. Consider the following:
- The metadata In the source code of the trailer page is for the movie Munich.
- The website, trailer and poster all seem to be send ups of B-movie plots and devices.
- The site doesn’t provide a release date.
- This article from the New York Daily News describes Jon Voight personally calling the journalist, very unusual behaviour for movie promotion.
- Currently, there’s surprisingly little buzz about the film online. Google only offers about 500 results and Technorati has 26 (with a bunch of duplicates). That, of course, may change.
It all smells like a hoax to me. Here’s one of the few legitimate articles I could find about the film. If anybody has theories or more information, let’s hear it.