It’s the rare link round-up here at DB.com. These are some of the links that folks emailed me over the past few weeks. Some were marketing pitches, some were just things that people thought I’d be interested in.
All of them are of passing interest, though in some cases I’m including them because I feel guilty for not replying for such a long time.
- Free Geek Vancouver sounds like a good idea. Here’s an article about it by Bruce Byfield.
- RedOrbit seems to be a social network for science geeks.
- Matador Travel looks like yet another social network for travellers.
- Eyes Wide Open is a documentary about a fascinating war protest directed by Peter Daulton, who previous shot a documentary about that whole gay marriage in San Fran thing with which I was tangentially involved.
- I’m very skeptical about marketing firms in Second Life, but at least these folks are doing it for a good cause (here’s the SLurl, if you’re SLurl enabled).
- 80 open education resource (OER) tools for publishing and development initiatives.
- It seems like it ought to be a venerable web business model, but I haven’t seen anything exactly like PickyDomains before.