A while back, I mentioned that we’d bought this tiny speaker system for our time in Malta. It’s basically one doughnut-shaped speaker that you plug your iPod into. I’m really happy with it, and here’s why:
- The sound, obviously, isn’t great, but it’s a considerable improvement on our only other audio source–our laptops.
- It’s incredibly small and light.
- You can plug it in, but it also can run off four AAA batteries. This is very handy if we want to take it out by the pool, or in a rental car that only has a CD player (we now own exactly one CD).
- It’s got an audio-in jack, and came with a compatible cord. It acts as a handy external speaker for our laptops when we’re watching TV or movies on them.
- It recharges the iPod.
- It’s got a tiny little remote control.
It’s got a USB port, and looks like it should function as a docking station for the iPod, but I haven’t been able to make that work. That’s my only complaint thus far. It’s a really handy solution for cheap and cheerful holiday audio.