For a couple of weeks, while doing the dinner dishes, I’d watch some of Inside the Actor’s Studio on YouTube. It’s pretty much the only celebrity interview I can watch, because it’s mostly a discussion of craft, instead traffic violations and adopted babies.
At the end of each interview, before the guest takes questions from the student audience, inscrutable host James Lipton asks them ten questions. The questions are apparently Proustian, and based on a similar practice by French TV host Bernard Pivot.
Becky answered those ten questions recently, and seeing as it’s Saturday and all, I figured I’d do the same:
- What is your favorite word? Serendipity
- What is your least favorite word? Tumour
- What turns you on? Originality
- What turns you off? Bureaucracy
- What sound or noise do you love? The jungle at night
- What sound or noise do you hate? A Harley Davidson engine
- What is your favorite curse word? Bollocks
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Archaeologist
- What profession would you not like to do? Surgeon
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?“Nice work”
The Q & A that Lipton does is quick and fairly spontaneous, so I tried not to dwell on the questions.
And here’s a Fowleresque request–if you like, answer these ten questions in the comments, or on your own blog.