Yesterday, Julie accused me of never having seen The Sound of Music. I took immediate offense, and challenged her to a Sound of Music trivia throwdown. These were the questions we asked each other (entirely without the web, I might add):
- What was the name of the Captain’s new lover?
- What was the name of the eldest daughter’s beau?
- What’s the betraying beau’s job?
- What were the names of all the kids?
- Where did the family escape to at the end of the film?
- What were the children’s play clothes made out of?
- What animal was featured in the puppet show the children created?
We came out about even. How’d you do?
Incidentally, the title of this post comes from a line from the duet “Sixteen Going on Seventeen”. The whole line goes:
Oh crap. I just searched for the original line, and found my own post from four years ago. I was going to write about the very same thing–the interesting etymology of the term ‘rouÃƒÂ©’. Clearly I have been blogging too long.