I don’t post these link lists very often, but I’ve got a bunch of tabs I’m keen on closing:
- Monique points me to Picanswers (dudes, capitalize that ‘a’), a site that might have helped with last week’s fruit quandary.
- Anywhere.fm looks like a slicker alternative to MP3Tunes, which I’ve been reasonably happy with over the past year. I prefer Anywhere.fm’s music player and their price (currently free). I sent them an email last Wednesday to inquire ask a couple of questions. They haven’t replied to me. That’s very uncool for a startup, particularly when the message came from one of their competitors’ paying customers.
- Friends Susie Gardner and Shane Birley have published Blogging for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Amazon). I haven’t actually seen it yet, but I’m sure it’s excellent.
- I recently discovered The Irresponsibles, a straight-ahead Boston rock band with some fun hooks. Other new music in heavy rotation includes the soundtrack to I’m Not There (Sufjan Stevens’ version of “Ring Them Bells” is outstanding), KT Tunstall and Ingrid Michaelson.
- James sent this groovy a capella version of a Weakerthans song.
- Tim at Biro Creative sent me a link to their latest project for Greenpeace UK (also mentioned in this blog post from The Guardian). It looks cool–I haven’t tried it yet, as it will eat my meagre web connection alive.
- Tech Crunch covers another tip jar/micropayment system for content.