After a year away.
- There are so many cars. This has been my overwhelming first reaction.
- Our commerce gets so bizarre, so fast. Riding the Airporter in from YVR, I passed a 7-11. There was a big banner hanging above the front door. I can’t remember the exact phrase, but it read something like “Cheesetastic Big Bite Hot Dogs!”. I found that troubling.
- Trees! Yay!
- Man, it’s really dark for 3:00pm in the afternoon.
- Rain! Yay!
- I’ve been hopelessly converted to a cash-only consumer. Credit cards were pretty much useless in Malta and Morocco.
- I can drink the tap water! Yay!
And now the jet lag cometh.