DATE: September 27, 1996
TO: All Aquatic Staff, Maintenance and Receptionists
RE: Fecal Incidents In Pool Water
If there is a fecal incident in the pool, please follow these steps:
1. Lifeguards will clear the pool which the incident occurred in.
2. Lifeguards will remove the fecal matter from the pool. If the accident occurred in the big pool, maintenance will probably close a portion of the big pool.
3. Maintenance follows pool superchlorination procedures and informs both pool staff and reception as to the length of pool closure.
4. Reception gives out courtesy passes to affected patrons. If lessons are canceled, Reception ensures credits are put on lesson participants accounts. If other classes are affected by pool closure, Reception calls lesson participants to inform them that the pool is closed for ___hours due to maintenance problems.
5. The Aquatic Coordinator or Programmer will take care of staffing concerns. In their absence, the Team Leader or lifeguard on duty may need to inform any staff whose shifts are affected by a lengthy pool closure.
6. Lifeguards inform the Aquatic Coordinator or Programmer about the incident.
7. Lifeguards document the incident by using an accident report.